Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hmmmmm.....art?

I wouldn't ever consider thinking nor saying that I come from a family of artists. Even though artistic tendencies flow freely in my family. My father can draw well or at least he used to when he was younger. I once found his old high school sketch pad and stared for hours at the "coolness" in my dad's head. He also sings soooooo well. I love his voice because it's clear, powerful and not quite falsetto but his range is beautiful. He also plays the bass guitar.

David (my brother) plays the guitar. I miss pretending that I wasn't paying attention to him practice when he was learning classical guitar. I used to sit in my room, close my eyes and just listen.... He's also incredibly talented in video mashing or editing (not sure what it's called) but it should be his profession!! Margarita (our little sister) used to play the violin and sings like no other. She also has an eye for digital photography. I know I'll see her art hanging somewhere soon. Lastly, my mom has a way with her hands. She can whip up the most beautiful meals with next to nothing in fridge. And, she can also sew and create things out of nothing when she's inspired. Her other gift is completely shutting us out when she's watching her Mexican Crack TV aka novelas.

My siblings and I have been gifted with some forms of their artistic abilities but the one that seems most profound in all of us is my father's gift for story telling! More than writing I love sharing memories with my friends and family. It makes me smile just thinking about it. During the holidays the Infante household is overwhelmed with great food and loud, loud, loud laughter! I wish y'all could share it with us.

This video is slammin' the blogging world and I thought I'd share with you. It reminds me of my friend, Casey.


No comments: