Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Thoughts

I gotta cheer myself up after that last post. I hope you like this story.

I didn't get to bed until about midnight last night. Our little puppy man did really well. I let him play for a long time in order to tucker him out so that in turn I would be able to get a good nights rest. After getting settled in, I turn out my lamp and he starts to howl. It's mostly one of those howls that indicates that he wants attention so I give him a quick "shhhhh! It's ok. Go to sleep" and shortly after he's out.

3am: I hear him crunching on his food. He hears me moving around and starts to whine. My cue to let him out.

6am: I let him out again but decide not to put him back in his crate. He was free to roam my bedroom while I got just a little bit more sleep. I heard him messing about but nothing seemed out of the ordinary until I heard him chewing on something that didn't sound like a toy. I lifted my head and scooted over the edge of the bed. Right as I did, I saw him backing out from under the bed, bed skirt canopied over his little back, and he's tugging something out from underneath.
It was then that I recognized my favorite blue bra! I reached my arm out from the warm comforter and grabbed my bra and said "Awwwwww thanks, little baby. I've been looking for this!" I snuggled my rediscovered treasure close to me, roll over, and throw my leg over my body pillow. While half asleep, bra safely secured in my clutches, I begin to remember what just happened and a sleepy smile emerges on my face and not soon after I sorta begin to giggle to myself. I know...I'm easily amused. So, I roll back over and catch a glimpse of the puppy and he's still in the same spot, head cocked to one side just staring at me. I wonder what the was thinking... haha :)

*sigh* life is so good sometimes.

No comments: