He's 100% delicious and totally cute in his plaid shorts!
Monday, August 31, 2009
He's 100% delicious and totally cute in his plaid shorts!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Again these were found on Overhead on the streets of New York. I laughed out loud when I read these....
The Wednesday One-Liner Diet Doesn't Work
Little girl to sister: It has 140 calories in it, that could like... kill you.
--Food Emporium, 68th & Broadway
Blonde girl on phone: Yeah, I need to lose like 30 pounds but the problem is that I got my body used to food.
--224th St & Jamaica Avenue
Teen girl, after being caught with empty beer cans: No! Trust me, it wasn't me. I don't drink beer, it has way too many calories!
40-something mom to chubby daughter with YMCA gymnastics shirt: Don't eat here, go to CVS! Get some mints... you'll be fine.
--Wendy's At Metropolitan Ave. and Woodhaven Blvd, Queens
Overheard by: D. Scibe
Very old, overweight mother to old less overweight daughter: I need to lose 20 pounds, but you, you need to lose 40 pounds. When you're as skinny as her (points at woman working at register), then I'll buy you carrot cake!
--168th & Broadway
Overheard by: Alison R.
Women in Morbidly obesity couple walking hand in hand. The woman says "harry, I hate it when we're on separate starvation schedules."
--7th St & First Ave
Yay, for me!! I passed the test!
However, no hot dated planned for tonight so I got my Twix Fix! Oh, thank you sweet Jesus for birthing the Twix idea in Twix inventor's heart and for fun size candy! Had there been a king size twix in the frig I most likely would've eaten that too!
According to WikiAnswers - Mars invented the Twix. Whatever! I'm sure they bought rights for the bar from some poor farmer's wife for like a $5.00.
Monday, August 24, 2009
I laugh each time I see this video. :) Life is good and God is great!
I'm done living my life for the sake of others. What will people think? What will people say? Who cares?!!? People are going to talk regardless. I'd rather die knowing that I lived than live knowing that I was so chicken to try!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday Doesn't Eat Enough to Keep a One-Liner Alive
Skinny professor: John* [a chubby professor] and I started Weight Watchers together at the same time!
*this next one was my favorite!! What a total dork!*
Skinny girl to clerk: Hi, do you have a soy-based, non-dairy substitute for heavy cream?
Girl ordering Coffee Coolatta with skim milk: I hope this tastes as good as it did when I was anorexic. Everything tasted good back then...
Jewish grandmotherly type: Women with anorexia seem to have such strange eating habits.
Anorexic-looking girl: I want a tic tac. I'm hungry. *made me smirk!*
Back in high school I ran with a pretty fun group of people. One of my close friends was Gina. She was a skinny little thing. Well, not so much as short-little, just skinny little. So, one weekend we were hanging out at our friends Tom's house. And, in Tom's house lived, lived Tom's mother! She was infamous for always speaking her mind. She sorta lost her polite-filter long ago, so one always knew to prepare for mild verbal bashing and to never to take what she said to personally.
On that particular weekend Gina happened to come over. She was running around the kitchen and living room acting "special" when in comes Tom's mom, Mary.
Mary: Hey y'all! How is everyone?
Us: Hi, Mrs. Ramos!
Mary: (sees Gina running around and gives her a confused & sympathetic looked) Aye, Gina! You're so skinny! Look at you! Somebody get her a tortilla!!!
We just busted out laughing!!! Good times!
Monday, August 17, 2009
I busted out laughing and instantly thought.... My poor baby Daevin! haha!!!!
It's kinda sick that I already love laughing at him!
He's so delicious!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Body-for-life-for-WOMEN is no joke! I started reading the book and preparing my 6 million meals a day last week. I also started the workout regime on Monday.
Lemme break it down for you.
Monday - Cardio (30 minute minimum)
Tuesday - Weight (Upper body)
Wednesday - Cardio
Thursday - Weights (Lower Body & Abs)
Friday - Cardio
Saturday - Weights (Upper body)
Sunday - Recovery and Rest
Seems easy enough right? Mmmmmmmmmmmm ....I don't think so. Y'all remember how hard I was working with Sir Chadwick and lemme tell you that after yesterday's upper body workout I can hardly raise my arms!!
Here's the upper body breakdown:
10 minute warm up
10-15 minutes of stretching
Busted out like so: rep 1 - 20, rep 2 - 15, rep 3 - 10
Rest 1 minute in between reps
Rest 2 minutes when transitioning to new muscle group
Chest: Push Ups & Dumbbell flies (15lbs)
Shoulders: Front Raises & Lateral Raises (15 lbs)
Back: Seated Rows & Dumbbell Rows (60lbs then 15lbs)
Triceps: Cable pull downs & Tri extensions (20lbs)
Biceps: Biceps Curls & Hammer Curls (12-15lbs)
I couldn't remember how to properly do a hammer curl so I asked this guy (he seemed more than happy to assist, so don't be afraid to ask for help) and after his demo I took a quick minute rest. Hammer curl time started and by the time I got to 20 I literally thought I was on fire! Every part of my upper arms and sides felt like they were burning! He stood there watching me so I knew I couldn't punk out and quit (not that I would've or anything - but still!!) and when he noticed that I had a good rhythm going he gave a thumbs up and raised eyebrows of approval. He looked so proud.....I on the other hand was red faced and spitting!! When my first rep was finished I leaned over to drop the weights and while down there I literally raspy-whispered "WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFF!@#$%^&**&^%%$#@#@!@!!!!!!!!"
Yes, I did! I totally dropped the F bomb and I couldn't even contain myself. I made myself finish the last two reps and I couldn't be happier to get out of there. I'm actually looking forward to just doing cardio tonight....
I only have 11 weeks and 4 days to go....
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
This is what I found.... don't be afraid just laugh with me.
Monday, August 10, 2009
check out this fun little ditty I found on youtube.
BTW Meryl Streep is 100% amazing!!!!! I wish we could be friends! She seems so cool.
Friday, August 7, 2009
it's called ZUMBA!!!!
- I'm currently listening to Billie Jean by MJ.
- Billie Jean reminds me of my first slumber party at Jessica Menchaca's house. Imagine a chubby little kinder kid moon walking under the strobe light her dad set up in the living room. If i'm not mistaken I was the only kid out there! Dancing in socks on a slick floor is funnesssss!!!
- I'm thinking that the next time I housesitt at the massively huge house I'm gonna host a slumber-strobe light-sock dancing party!!
- I've also been meaning to confess something..... I, Marcy, listen to Indian music while I drive! I can't help myself!!! I love the sound of it and sometimes I'll even try to sing along but I most likely like the beat. I know. I know! I'm a dork! But, know this...Margarita can totally do the Indian car singing justice! LOL!!! She does it so perfectly that I'll be in stitches and can hardly drive because I'm laughing so hard.
- The smell of Sheer Fresia reminds me of my lovie, Sara A.
- I'm eating 6 times a day. Preparing 6 small meals a day is no joke!! I need recipes for veggies. Bring them on!
- I went for a mini ride with Pegs this week. We later shared a glass of room temp tea. :) good times. Roddey went along but the poor guy was so hot he couldn't keep up.
- Currently listening to Big Legged Woman by Coffey. Look it up. It's pretty interesting.
- As promised here are some photos of my Play Tri event on July 4th.
- I love when I get those unexpected neck bone pops. You know that thing that happens when you roll you neck to relieve tension and all of a sudden this delicious roll of realigning vertebrae just snap back into place. mmmmmmmm!!
- I also had a Fuzzy's taco date with Uynie Poo Poo this week. Good times, great conversation and an AWESOME salad!!! I actually want one right now!
- Tonight! Tonight I babysit Daevin for the first time! I'm so excited!!!!
The girls thought it would be funny to photograph this..... it happens at a swim event!!
AND, a few (Margarita, Ren & Angie....) decided they needed this....
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Here's the preview
While watching this trailer I couldn't help but feel the Holy Spirit pulling at my heart strings. The questions that flooded my heart were "When did you stop caring and loving like this? When did you become so hard hearted to the needs of others? Are willing to continue to lead an empty life serving only yourself?"
Try those questions on for size.....
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Generally, I'll simply serve myself about a cup and slice up some strawberries (gotta make it nice and pretty) and grab a packet of Splenda. Once it's all mixed, I'll head to couch and eat to my hearts delight.
Recently I read a recipe that recommended adding ground cinnamon to cottage cheese. I like ground cinnamon and I like cottage cheese. So, I tried it and I loved it!! You should try it too and let me know what you think!!
On a side note. While looking for a stock photo of cottage cheese I ran into this photo. I'm telling you that I literally dropped my spoon. Don't go there if you're already struggling with body image issues. I don't want to ruin it for you but those of y'all that know me, know that hardly anything surprises me to the point of dropping my utensils. Well, aside from the freakishly-demonic-ceiling-crawling-chica on the movie Constantine. (you can stop laughing now, Margarita!!!)
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
- I got a promotion at work. It's kept me busy, despite the fact that I'm not fully transitioned.
- The July 4th swim went well. I'll post pictures. Open water swims still mess with my mind and I need more practice.
- I've been more than a little distracted with guys lately. I think my life in that area is finally starting to calm down. While driving yesterday a sad fact hit my heart. I'm sick of quantity dating. I desire quality dating. <--- Major Duh! factor there...I know!
- As of August 1st I started Body-For-Life-For-Women (those pre pictures will be posted along side my post pictures)
- 12 week commitment - here I come!
- Ummm, my nephew is still totally delicious!
- I'm in severe need of a super chica dance night! Who's in?
- Oh, and my baby patio was neglected this summer in a major way. So, once the weather starts to cool off a bit I'm tearing that sucker up and starting a my fall flowers!! Anyone feel like diggin' in some dirt with me?
- On more recent news my cousin from CC is my new neighbor!! It's just so amazing how God worked that out! He lives right above us and will most likely be spending a lot of time at our place as this is his first apartment on his own. Poor guy asked if I'd show him how to cook spaghetti. haha!
- Going to the eye doctor this week or next. I may say good bye to my glasses. :(
Pictures to follow!