Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What's happening....

I'm on my lunch break eating gummi bears (already had lunch). I know, not exactly healthy but I'll make sure to eat only 1 serving, which is 15 little gummies. Oh, how I do love the gummies.

Anyhow, there's been a reoccurring theme in my life as of late. All the pieces haven't come together but I'm starting to get some clarity.

Here are the bits and pieces:
I'm currently truckin' through 2 Corinthians and chapter 4 caught my attention for several hours on Sunday mid morning. This is what got me "
8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." When we first accepted to follow Christ we would've never known or understood that the journey ahead was going to be one of the most difficult. It's no joke - dying to oneself, and it's no joke waiting on God to move while our hearts bleed and minds grows faint. However, difficult the journey it's amazing that He's still around and calling us to himself despite the grossness of our sins and the faithlessness that we display with our incessant whining.

Sunday night Matt covered an interesting, heart stabbing, spirit stirring message on Membership. Look for it on the podcast here for the week of 2/15.


Monday night in small group we reviewed our Village covenant and again the same message that Matt taught upon Sunday was addressed Monday night. Pursuing holiness is no small deal. Pushing each other toward the maintenance of purity has been an evident struggle that I believe most single young women do well with but it's the pushing each other toward holiness that has been lacking in my life and I'm sure in others as well. I'm talking about exercising the discipline of regular reading, praying and confession. People that are close to me can tell when I'm not reading well because I make bad decisions, I'm grumpy, I'm short, overly sarcastic and insensitive. And, in the last 3 weeks...i've not been well. I've made choices. I've made a mockery of the gospel and jumped the gun over and over again!

Tuesday *today* I found myself on the podcast looking for something to hear and came across Sincere Love by Paul Mathis. Again. And again God is pounding my heart.

On top of it all a 18 year old sweeting recommended and purchased a book for me. It's Lady In Waiting by Jackie Kendall & Debbie Jones. The first chapter has been....well.... painfully soothing.

Ok, i'm outtie. Oh, and I lost gummie bear count....someone please take this bag away from me!


No comments: