Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hammer Curl Time!

I wish I could video blog this but I don't have the time to set that up at the moment so you're stuck reading.

Body-for-life-for-WOMEN is no joke! I started reading the book and preparing my 6 million meals a day last week. I also started the workout regime on Monday.

Lemme break it down for you.
Monday - Cardio (30 minute minimum)
Tuesday - Weight (Upper body)
Wednesday - Cardio
Thursday - Weights (Lower Body & Abs)
Friday - Cardio
Saturday - Weights (Upper body)
Sunday - Recovery and Rest

Seems easy enough right? Mmmmmmmmmmmm ....I don't think so. Y'all remember how hard I was working with Sir Chadwick and lemme tell you that after yesterday's upper body workout I can hardly raise my arms!!

Here's the upper body breakdown:
10 minute warm up
10-15 minutes of stretching
Busted out like so: rep 1 - 20, rep 2 - 15, rep 3 - 10
Rest 1 minute in between reps

Rest 2 minutes when transitioning to new muscle group
Chest: Push Ups & Dumbbell flies (15lbs)
Shoulders: Front Raises & Lateral Raises (15 lbs)
Back: Seated Rows & Dumbbell Rows (60lbs then 15lbs)
Triceps: Cable pull downs & Tri extensions (20lbs)
Biceps: Biceps Curls & Hammer Curls (12-15lbs)

I couldn't remember how to properly do a hammer curl so I asked this guy (he seemed more than happy to assist, so don't be afraid to ask for help) and after his demo I took a quick minute rest. Hammer curl time started and by the time I got to 20 I literally thought I was on fire! Every part of my upper arms and sides felt like they were burning! He stood there watching me so I knew I couldn't punk out and quit (not that I would've or anything - but still!!) and when he noticed that I had a good rhythm going he gave a thumbs up and raised eyebrows of approval. He looked so proud.....I on the other hand was red faced and spitting!! When my first rep was finished I leaned over to drop the weights and while down there I literally raspy-whispered "WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFF!@#$%^&**&^%%$#@#@!@!!!!!!!!"

Yes, I did! I totally dropped the F bomb and I couldn't even contain myself. I made myself finish the last two reps and I couldn't be happier to get out of there. I'm actually looking forward to just doing cardio tonight....

I only have 11 weeks and 4 days to go....

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Where are you working out? I joined LA Fitness and I'm LOVING it! They have a great variety of exercise classes and I really love the variety of equipment that they have!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.