Thursday, August 2, 2007

August 2007 - The Beginning

 
"I used to ask God to help me. Then I asked if I might help Him. I ended up by asking Him to do His work through me." Hudson Taylor Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secrets

Today's August 2, 2007 and it marks the beginning of a new journey. It appears that the Lord has started raising up people from all walks of my life to help me become healthy. Donna Burke my new mentor challenged me to find someone at church that might be able to offer me assistance in the area of diet and exercise. Oddly enough I found two people! Kimberly Hughes and Mike Chadwick. Both Kim and Mike have offered their spiritual support, experience, knowledge and time. I'm humbled by their willingness to help.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9) This statement can not be more true to me at this very moment. I've lived years and years in defeat and it's time to seriously begin trusting in the Lord. Remind me daily that this is not about me!!

So, here's a recent picture of me taken at Rikki Tai's Birthday this past Saturday, July 28, 2007.
My current weight 374lbs and current dress/pant/everything else....size 28-30. OK, my stats are out there!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

KimBeau Hughes said...

You go girl! That is so awesome. Through Christ, you WILL do this. I am so glad to be able to walk with you in this. Love!

sara said...

You are such an amazing woman, and I am so blessed by God to know you and to call you my friend. I will definitely support you in any way that you need, and hold you accountable when you need that!! That being said, let me know if I can help in any way!!
You ROCK sista!!

Robin said...

Marcy, I love you. Congrats on your workout yesterday. You are so absolutely encouraging to me!!

Tracey Clifton said...

OOOO sistah! It was such fun to see you yesterday! I stand in awe because I remember what that looks like. I fear you may be inspiring me. I'll hold you accountable if you'll hold me accountable...deal? Write often, I'll read often and I made a blog today too!!!! Thanks for being my friend...much love

hwapper said...

Wow, I'm impressed and encouraged by your boldness in Christ by stepping out in faith like this.

Anonymous said...

You are in my heart and in my prayers. You will be able to win this struggle with the servant's heart that is beating within you. My specific prayer for you is that you will not feel defeated. Defeat is the lie that satan wants you to believe.
I love you and think of you often.

Love,

Paula