Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Summer Swimming

It's that time again! My schedule is overwhelmed with families who need and want swim lessons. It's certainly a great problem to have, but not having my own pool complicates scheduling quite a bit. If anyone out there reading had an available pool (mostly in the Denton area) please let me know!
(above is a photo of my Euless swimmers! I can't hardly wait to see how they do this summer. Daevin and his little buddies are going to rock this session! I just know it!)

Betweens lessons at the Nat, previous swimmers and referrals I seriously don't know how I'm going to get all this done! :) i'm excited to see what awaits me in the near future.

In other news...I recently purchased new swim gear. I can hardly wait to try it on! In an attempt to save my skin I've decided to swim in UV rash guards and UV jackets this summer as well as boy shorts. I've considered wearing swim capris that look like leggings, but I'm not sure how I feel about being nearly fully clothed while swimming. I always love the feel of water against my skin.

Anyhow, here's the jacket that I just purchased
I actually smirked when I saw this....

I get the usefulness, but it's a bit extreme. I'm sure my face would thank me, but the kids wouldn't understand a lick of what I'm trying to say. Complicated to say the least!!

So, I'm forever harping on safety. The kids that swim with me know the importance of walking on deck or waiting for permission to entire the pool. Once while some of my rambunctious boys were running on deck, I stopped them and said "Hey!! What are you doing?!?! You know better than that! Are you supposed to run on deck??" Each shook his head in understanding. I then proceeded to ask "Why aren't you supposed to run on deck?" In unison they all replied "Because, we could fall, crack our heads open and our guts will fall out!" I laughed out loud when I realized that they were quoting me verbatim but mostly laughed when I realized that a new set of proud grandparents were there watching their swimmers for the first time. =) I can only imagine what they must've thought.

Speaking of swimming...I need to suit up and get a mile or so in before my lessons start at 4. After a yummy Hannah's lunch with my friend Leilani I seriously don't feel like moving right now.

Go, Marcy! Go!!

1 comment:

Renatta said...

I almost fell out of my chair laughing! I can picture the little ones screaming "our guts will fall out" at the top of their little lungs..hahahaha!!!!I'm digging the jacket too...think I may need one and I've never heard of swim capris, but I would like a pair of those too! Love you! And our offer is still there if you want :)