Friday, January 7, 2011

Barlow Girl - Thoughts of You

I've been crying and meditating over this song all day. (thank you, pandora) I haven't literally been crying all day, but for the most part it's been a pensive day. A flood of thoughts and memories have continually washed over me and it has almost felt overwhelming.

In the last few weeks there has been an echoing theme in all that I hear and read and it's been about recognizing and enjoying the moments that make up this journey. It seems to have presented itself t me in the strangest places from an acquaintance's "laws of fighting" (click here), a devo from Girlfriends in God (click here), UBD daily word emails, songs on the radio, in my quiet time, movies, and fictional reading. Although, I've understood the concept for many years, it's just now sinking into the secret places of my heart. While listening to this song I was finally able to sit back and sincerely thank Him for this momentary lack of peace/discomfort and a bit of uncertainty.

I hope you enjoy this song. It's simple, sweet and worship provoking.



Call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me. Psalm 50:15

It may not be according to our time line, but He will deliver us.
Trust in Him.
Enjoy the heartache.
Enjoy the waiting.
Enjoy the process.
Consider it pure joy as the author and finisher of our faith disciplines our lives.


No comments: