Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I found a new event!!!!

So, I've been a bit blah lately! I know! I know!.... BUT!!! I found a new event!

Check it out here!!


I haven't decided which distance I'm going to tackle. The 300 meter swim for the tri took me about 7 minutes and during that 7 minutes I had a minor freak out. However, I can't tell you if it was the temp of the water or the nerves of the event that got me all wrapped around my axel but I seriously had to give myself a talking to and it went something like this....

Marcy #1 "OMG!!!!! I can't do this!!!! WHAT THE HECK????!!!"
Marcy #2 "SHUT UP!! YOU'RE A SWIMMER!!! Get your face back in the water!"
Marcy #1 "OMG I can't breath!!!! I can't breath! I can't do this!!! My armpits and boobs are frozen!!!! My googles are fogged over! I can't see!"
Marcy #2 "Really? Really!?!!? Armpits and boobs?! Get moving! DO THIS!!!! Forget the googles just go!"
Marcy #1 "Ok. Ok....Ok?"
Marcy #2 "Oh, dang...it is cold! just keep going and watch out the 'tard on the kayak!!"
Marcy #1 & 2 *small mental whimper/whisper* "Jesus...am I going to die today?"

I imagined Him slowly shaking his head from side to side, putting his hand over his face and saying "Oh my sweet, special in the head, overly dramatic child....Just go! I'm with you!"

I hope you enjoyed that bit of space in my head.... Soooooo, I'm debating between the 750m which will require some effort and the 1500 meters would be a major mental challenge. I'll let you know what I decide.

Can you tell that I'm excited?!?! Finally!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to read that you are excited again...I am pumped to know that you will be training for whatever it is you choose...and kicking tail in the process!

Margarita Infante said...

I think you should do the 750m and then the 1500m. I know you can do either one...but let’s go in order...you started out with 300m...which by the way, wasn't even a warm-up...you know it's true

But the 750m...now we're talking! I KNOW, YOU KNOW, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! It's in the bag! GET IT DONE!!! ;)

Love you!

Peggy said...

i think margarita's logic is right on here. go for the next step up.