Friday, May 15, 2009

It's FRIDAY!!!

I've made a conscious decision to work my booty off in the gym this week. It felt so great to get in the gym last night and break a serious sweat. I ran into a friend at the gym on Tuesday and we've decided to keep each other accountable to working out. We're not working out together but doing our own thing in different parts of the gym. Our accountability is to make sure GET TO THE GYM!

Over the course of the last 1 1/2 I've learned that
a) working out (and a few other chores) are like washing dishing...it's a pain in the rear to get started but once you're doing it, it's not all that bad.
b) I enjoy working out alone. I like the silence. I like the mental down time. As much as I loved having Chadwick as a trainer it was even difficult working out with him. Not that he talked too much, because he's a man of few words, but because of the down time in between sets. During our training time he taught me all about circuit training and I guess I got used to the non stop - hit it till you die/max out then move on the next step workout. I miss it.
c) I've also learned the 80/20 rule. When it comes to weight loss eating well is 80% of the battle!

On another note!
I'm still training for a new triathlon! And, even better news... Chadwick want to tackle a tri too! I'm gonna teach him how to become an efficient swimmer and he'll help me become a more efficient runner. Good times!! I can't wait!

1 comment:

sara said...

You are so right about the part where it sucks to get started working out, but it isn't so bad once you're started, and it feels fabulous afterwards... wish it was easier to get started.
Thanks for dinner last night!