Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Something's not right...

I can feel it. Something is seriously not right these days. I've been a funk. A spiritual funk. I feel edgy. I considered making a stupid decision, even picked up the phone twice (maybe 3 times) in order to go through with making the "stupid decision". I eventually opted to text my mentor and share my struggle with her. She coincidentally (I don't really believe in coincidence by the way) called me within 5 seconds - she wasn't working that day. Strange! Not really...it's to be expected God is funny that way, right!?

Also, I have 3 friends, count them, THREE friends who are seriously considering jumping ship. They feel as if they can't continue this race. They want to throw in the towel. They feel abandoned and forgotten so they're considering walking away from Jesus and our family.

Close girlfriends who have walked in freedom from old sin are currently found in the middle of old bondage. I tip toed on edge of that similar sin and so badly wanted to dive head first.

I came across this yesterday and felt alittle pricked.

1What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? 2You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. 3You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. James 4:1-3


In all honesty I wasn't comfortable reading this text. "Your passions are at war within you" - yes they are! The entire chapter is pretty much in your face. Everything written past v. 3 ISN'T "feel good reading". I suggest reading it, just do it! Better yet go to BibleGateway and read it in all the versions.
We expect the broken and lost to hurt but when the sheep who are "found" hurt, it hurts the rest of us too. For those of you who are on the brink of quitting - please don't....it's not worth it. Been there. Done that.

1 comment:

Hot For Discourse said...

Hey Marce,
Thanks for this post. I really identify with what you're saying here. It's difficult sometimes/most times/whatever but try Numbers 11:15.