Sunday, May 18, 2008

Week 1

I never would've thought I'd be able to say this but I'm excited to get back to working out. Family left this early this morning. I didn't eat as much and my body has thanked me for it.

I've attached a list of my new workout routine. I'm training for a triathlon. No, I will not be competing I'll just be training for one for the next 16 weeks. There is a triathlon event in Dallas this coming October and in August the Denton Natditorium is hosting one but I'm not sure I'll be ready for either so I'm not planning on registering.

Even though tomorrow is my "off" day I'll go for a long walk. And, I'll continue to do some strength training long with this routine. AAAAAANNNNDDDDD, I'm back to counting points. I tried the "core program" from weight watchers and I didn't do very well - mostly because I tend to overeat and I haven't been diligent in watching my calories on sparkpeople. So, I'm back to old faithful...Weight Watchers and counting.

There's something to be said about working out with a trainer. I remember really trying super hard during the week because I was so afraid of disappointing him. I was more afraid of wasting his time more than disappointing him but now that his time isn't an option and we're not working out together I've noticed that I've gotten a bit lazy. I have to honestly regroup and re-evaluate why I'm working out.

So, why am I still working out? I'll have an answer for you later. Just know that over these last few months I've come the realization that food isn't the issue, it's just the symptom. I struggle with pride, idolatry, and unbelief. If you didn't get a chance to go to church this weekend I highly recommend that you podcast today's msg. God was speaking loud and clear.

I leave you with the new routine.

Monday: DAY OFF

Tuesday: Swim 20 minutes 100 meters (m) warm up (choice stroke) 8x25 m freestyle (fr) (15 seconds rest) 4x50 m (as 25 backstroke/25 freestyle with 15 seconds rest) 100 kick (grab a kickboard) 100 m warm down choice Total: 700m

Wednesday: Run/walk 20 minutes 5 min warm-up walking 4*(1 min jog, 2 min walk) 3 min warm-down walk **** when I showed my old trainer this routine he said that I'd be able to do all of it except this running portion. Well, since that particular conversation and now I'm up to jogging for a solid minute and almost up to a minute and half. sweetness!

Thursday: Bike 20 minutes 5 min warm-up spin** 5x(15 seconds fast spinning, 45 seconds recovery) 5x(15 sections hard gear/tension, 45 seconds recovery) 5 min warm-down spin ***spin is pedaling in an easy gear

Friday: Swim 25 minutes 100 m warm up choice 10x25 m fr (alternate between half of the lap fast arms, half recovery with 20 seconds rest) 2x50 m (as 25 breastroke/25 freestyle with 15 seconds rest) 3x50m (as 25 backstroke/25 freestyle with 15 seconds rest) 150 kk choice (grab a kickboard) 100 m warm down Total: 850m

Saturday: Run/walk 20 minutes 5 min warm-up walking 3x(2 min jog, 1 min walk) 2x(30 sec faster than jogging pace, 1:30min recovery walk) 2 min warm-down walk

Sunday: Bike 30 minutes 10 min warm-up spin 4x(15 seconds fast spinning, 45 seconds recovery) 4x(15 sections hard gear/tension, 45 seconds recovery) 4x(10 seconds standing, 50 seconds recovery) 8 minutes warm down spin

**This workout was taken from www.active.com it's a tri-athlete training guide for total beginners.

No comments: