Monday, April 19, 2010

My Tri Anniversary

I'll always remember April 19, 2009.
I've never been more proud of myself at any moment in time as i was the second I crossed that finish line. As I was driving home last night I replayed so many memories that lead up to this triathlon. I distinctly remember crying on the phone with Sir Chadwick (my old trainer) telling him that there was no way I could run the race. I felt ill equipped and under trained and overly nervous. He patiently listened to my incessant whines and when I was finished he simply said "Marce, who are you doing this for? Why did we start this entire program to begin with?" I knew what he was getting at...Mike always had a way of continually pointing it back to Christ. He gently reminded me that it wasn't about me, it was about glorifying God. Somehow remembering that simple truth totally removed so much of the stress. I knew that if I was at the very least wiling to put myself out there and tried that Christ was going to see me through this...to completion!
The verse that constantly rings through my head while remembering this triathlon is found in

Zechariah 4:6

6 ... 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.

Thank you to each of you who have encouraged me to keep moving for His Glory.

Posted by Picasa


No comments: