Friday, September 11, 2009

Long way....



I love this photo. It was taken during small group many many Monday nights ago. I was going through Recovery at the Village and during that time God was stirring up all sorts of hidden festering messes in my heart. It was a painfully sweet time to say the least.

As many of my friends and family already know I'm a pretty sentimental person. I cry for anything, a sweet commercial/movie/song, a tender word, a genuine compliment, a huge accomplishment or after a really hard laugh. On this particular night my heart was incredibly tender, no matter what I did I couldn't stop crying!!! I just sat there and cried and cried! It wasn't just a sad cry either, it was a sweet "Thank you, Jesus for being so merciful to show me" kinda cry.

So, as you'll notice in the photo I'm half crying and half laughing. My girl, Sara came to "comfort" me as the tears flowed, but what's 100 times more funny is that Sara wasn't (up until that point) an outwardly affectionate person. I mean don't get me wrong... this woman would die for me but at the time we were still getting to know each other and her sweet extension of awkward comfort just made me cry all the more!!! She didn't know what to do. She didn't offer to hug me, but I do remember her putting her hand on my shoulder and sorta patting me. Sara, my very own Sexy Slowry just sat there and let me cry it out. She didn't, nor did anyone else at that time, know what to do for me but the mere fact that they'd try was heartwarming and memorable.

Thanks for the love, Sara. I'll forever cherish this photo! I'll forever cherish your friendship.

No comments: