Monday, November 12, 2007

10% Goal

Victory tastes so sweet - even if it only comes in 10% increments. We (my trainer and I) finally reached our first goal!!! 10% of my starting weight was 37lbs. I missed it last week with a small weight gain of 1.2lbs. That 1.2lbs really took me for a surprise but I wasn't crushed as I was during my first weight gain. Thinking about it now I'm glad for that small weight gain because it continues to put this life transformation in perspective. I needed that small wake up call to step up my game. Soooooo, after our work out on Saturday morning Sir Chadwick (aka the trainer) gently reminded me that if we didnt get goal this week that we'd still have another week to tackle it. I left the gym hopeful that I did well this week. Nutrition was good. Exercise was hard. My hopes were high.

Weight Watchers: I was a bit nervous (can't explain why) but I ran in and was surprised to find that there wasn't a line. So, i checked in, took off my shoes, laid my things on the counter and waited for my invitation to step on the scale. So, the "weigher" (not sure what to call them) says "Hi, Marcy. Flex or Core?" I say "Flex" (FYI those are the weight watcher plan options - I do flex because it's easier for me to count my points) So, I step on the scale. I feel like I'm standing up there for an eternity. She says "sorry there's a problem with our system - it's so slow". NO joke! Anyhow, they've learned by now that I prefer them not to tell me how I've done because I like reading it for myself. I guess she either didn't remember or couldn't contain herself because she says "You've lost 5.8lbs! and you've reached GOAL!" I was elated! Elated to the point that I leaned over, laid my head on the counter, said a quick praise to our Father, and naturally got teary eyed and choked up. That reaction wouldn't be me otherwise, would it?! All that to say...I've not only reached my 37lb goal but I"ve surpassed it by an additional 2lbs! 39lbs total! wooohooo!!! I couldn't wait to tell Sir Chadwick!!

I called everyone! My sister, Donna Burke, my parents, Bianca, Sara, Diane, Britt, Robin, Brian...I couldn't talk fast enough!

So, when I finally got a hold of Mike he asks "So, how did you do at weight watchers?"

I tried to be so cool so I said in the most pathetic and pitiful voice I couldn't muster "oh, i didn't do that well. I gained 8lbs"

He shouts back "NO YOU DIDN'T!!"

I screamed "I KNOW!! WE GOT GOAL! I'VE LOST 39LBS!!!"

He was happy. I was happy. We were happy! I almost burst! I dont think I've ever heard him more exactly and he only said "that's GREAT, Marcy! I'm so proud of you!" I'll take what I can get from the man!

He later said "Oh, and don't ever try to be funny and tell me you gained 8lbs. I was already planning on starting two-a-days!"

Can you imagine? Two-a-days?!?! Are you serious?! I'd rather chew of my big toe than step into the gym more than once a day. Wow, talk about serious motivation to keep myself from going nuts on a pizza or whatever it is that i'm craving! NO THANK YOU!

Anyhow, I'm pumped! Totally pumped! Only 11lbs from 50lbs! I can't believe how great this feels. I've never felt this sort of accomplishment. Never Ever! I have a million things I'd love to post but that'll have to wait.

Thanks again and again for all your prayers, encouragements and compliments!!! I love you all!

Stayed tuned for my next post "Busted Up in a New Pair of Jeans"

6 comments:

The Rozell Family said...

Hey Marcy,
thanks for your sweet comment on our blog! I enjoyed reading your blog, congrats on teh weightloss! Thats amazing. I would still lveo to walk or jog or somethign sometime. Let me know! Over the past few years I have made DRAMATIC changes in the way I eat and live. I think that once you get your body totally healthy from teh inside out you no longer crave junk! I was vegetarian for awhile, I have since added meat back in but I have cut out all dairy and any processed foods. I try to eat mainly a "raw" diet of fruits adn veggies and whole grains, I LOVE it and I feel so healthy adn have so muh energy. I would just encourage you to continue to eat the healthy stuff cause eventually your body won't crave the bad stuff. you know the saying "you are what you eat" well, if you continue wtih healthy eating/lifestyle you will be SO healthy adn feel so good! You're awesome! Congrats!

Peggy said...

that's great, marcy! i'm really proud of you.

Robin said...

Chica, I LOVE YOU. You are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo encouraging!

KimBeau Hughes said...

WOW!!!!!!! My smile is so big right now. I am so pumped for you girl. Can't wait to give you a big hug and celebrate!

hwapper said...

That's amazing. Good job, you can look back at this experience and realize that you are capable of more than you give yourself credit for.

Tracey Clifton said...

Im so proud of you...Im so proud of you...I am Soooo proud of you...you are my hero...smooches